The Polar Bears improve to 4-0 for the first time since 2014 while the defending national champion Beavers fall to 3-2 on the season.
- Bowdoin never trailed, getting out to a 5-0 start and maintaining a single-digit lead throughout most of the opening half.
- The Polar Bears held a 32-24 lead with under three minutes to go in the first period, but used a 7-0 run, capped by a Zavier Rucker running lay-up, to take a 41-24 advantage.
- Brandon Johnson hit a three-pointer on Babson’s final possession of the half to cut the Bowdoin lead to 41-27 at intermission.
- The Polar Bears extended their lead to 19 points early in the second half, using a 5-0 run out of the gate on a Liam Farley three-pointer and Hugh O’Neil layup.
- Babson mounted a furious rally, scoring the next ten points to cut the lead back to single digits following a Jacks basket and free throw, 46-37.
- David Reynolds was huge in the second half for Bowdoin, hitting consecutive three-pointers to keep the Beavers at bay.
- The Bowdoin led bounced between 9-13 points until the three minute mark when another Jacks lay-in cut the lead to seven, 71-64, with 2:38 on the clock.
- The Polar Bears put the game on ice late, hitting 7-8 free throws down the stretch to clinch the win.
By The Numbers
- Jack Simonds led Bowdoin with 22 points while also grabbing five rebounds in the win.
- Bradley Jacks led all players with 32 points and also totaled a team-best seven rebounds for Babson.
- Hugh O’Neil ended with 12 points and 11 rebounds for the Polar Bears, who also got 15 from Jack Bors and 14 from Reynolds.
- Brandon Johnson had 14 off the bench for Babson in defeat.
- Bowdoin finished at 47% shooting for the game, including 40% from three-point range, compared to 45% from the field and 29% from long range for Babson.
- The Polar Bears scored 21 points off 17 Beaver turnovers.
Bowdoin returns to action on Tuesday evening at Southern Maine (7:30 p.m.)
Babson will play at Albertus Magnus in their next contest on Wednesday evening (7:00 p.m.).
SOURCE: Bowdoin Athletics Press Release